CatMEGA team supports intellectual property protection and prohibits posting or uploading content that infringes on the copyright or trademarks of others.
Copyright protects tangible original works, such as photos on an online store.
Copyright laws vary by country or region, but generally copyright applies from the time the work is created. In many countries or regions, copyrights can also be registered with the government’s copyright office.
A copyright owner has the exclusive rights to copy, display, distribute, sell, or perform their works, or to create derivative works. A copyright owner controls how their works are used, and others who want to use their works need to get their permission. If someone uses copyrighted works without permission from the owner, then they might be infringing on the copyright.
Learn more about copyright on the U.S. Copyright Office website or the Canadian Intellectual Property Office's Guide to copyright.
Trademarks protect unique symbols or words that identify and distinguish a business or product from other businesses or products.
Once registered, a trademark has certain protections under the law, and the trademark owner has the exclusive rights to use the claimed trademark for certain products or services. If someone uses a trademark without permission in a way that causes confusion about the brand, product or services, then they might be infringing on a trademark.
Learn more about trademark on the United States Patent and Trademark Office website.
Reporting copyright & trademark infringement
You can sign in to use the online form to report content on CatMEGA that you believe violates or infringes your registered trademark.
The online form is the most efficient way of submitting a trademark infringement notice. If you can't use the online form though, then you can send a trademark infringement notice to support@CatMEGA.com. Your notice needs the following information:
- Trademark owner’s full name.
- Your contact information, including your full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Include the following information for each trademark at issue:
- a description of the trademark;
- the countries it is registered in;
- trademark registration number; and
- the category of products and/or services covered by the registration.
- Links to the content you believe violates or infringes your trademark(s) on Shopify. Provide a comprehensive list to each individual page with content you want removed and not just the main shop link.
- Description of how you believe the content violates or infringes your trademark(s) on CatMEGA.